There are many different ways to deploy an RMM agent to monitor end-user machines and servers. A popular option is Group Policy, also some RMM tools have the ability to do a subnet scan, but I wanted to try and do it with PowerShell while also ensuring I do not have any false positives. I wanted PowerShell to do the following tasks:
- Check if a machine is online
- Check if WinRM is available and configured correctly
- Check if LabTech was already installed
- Copy install file locally
- Install program
- Check if program installed
- Keep note of the installed machine
Below is a basic tree overview of the runtime flow.
The script would also log the data so I can let it run without monitoring it. It would also run in a loop, therefore if a machine was not on at a specific time, the script would end up coming back and … Continue...